In preparation for the upcoming summer season, a brand new update has been found live on Pokémon GO. Finally, Eeveelution lovers can add Glaceon and Leafeon to their Team Eevee family. These two Pokémon are not just new additions though, the more Pokémon from the Sinnoh region found their way to our AR Pokémon world.
Niantic has not yet released the full list of Pokémon's new additions, but between their blog posts and images that release the update, the following Pokemon has been confirmed: Magnezone, Probopass, Cherubi, Cherrim, Wormadam (Plant, Sandy, Differences in waste garbage), Mothim, Hippopotas, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Gible. Trainers also share their search online, and discover additional wild Pokémon: Gabite, Hippowdon, and both Shellos forms.
As regards the addition of the monsters of the Sinnoh region to your collection, they can be found in the wild, which will be disassembled from eggs, and / or grown under specific conditions.
Here's a quick rundown for getting all of them:
Before you can create more entries in your Pokédex, we need more than three new items that will help you in your Pokémon hunting adventure. Glacial Lure, Mossy Lure, and Magnetic Lure are three new Lure Modules, taking on an elemental theme. Posted by Pokémon GO blog, here's what every Lure will attract:
- Glacial Lure Modules attract some Pokémon who love the cold, like Water- and Ice-type Pokémon.
- Mossy Lure Module attracts some Pokémon who love to frolic on the leaves, such as Bug-, Grass-, and Poison-type Pokémon.
- Magnetic Lure Modules attract some Pokémon acquired by electromagnetic forces, such as some Electric-, Steel-, and Rock-type Pokémon.
Currently, new Lures can only be purchased through the Shop, and each Lure is worth 200 Poké Coins. Niantic has promised that they will be available as an in-game "reward for completing new special research activities."
Evolution by Lures
Glacial, Mossy, and Magnetic Lures are changing how Lures work in many ways. For the first time, Lures can help evolution. Based on these three different types, you can guess that this is how you get the Glaceon and Leafeon. Simply place a pitch on PokéStop and a Pokémon will change while standing beneath it:
- Mossy Lure: Allows Eevee to change to Leafeon.
- Glacial Lure: Allows Eevee to change to Glaceon.
- Magnetic Lure: Magneton allows to change to Magnezone and Nosepass in Probopass.
Simple enough, but really grab your friends so everyone will benefit from these Lures! Make it an Eevee evolution party!
At the top of the new Pokémon who joined our world, a new move was added to the game: Earth Power. Not limited to the new Sinnoh Pokémon, the full details are as follows:
- Earth Power is a powerful Ground-type Charged Attack that can lower your opponent's Defense Training Trainers.
- Some particular Pokémon came recently from the Sinnoh region knowing Earth Power.
- Other Pokémon that can recognize Earth Power is Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Aerodactyl, Camerupt, and Claydol.
Niantic is teasing that there may be more surprises to find in this update, challenging us to discover even more Pokémon. On Community Day this weekend, this sound is the perfect time to exchange information with fellow Trainers and make the most of the Lures with three hour timer boost!